E-mail MeMichael P. Higgins
866-678-1372 (Toll Free)
Michael P. Higgins received his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Loyola University of Los Angeles in 1975. He attended Lewis and Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon, and graduated with a Juris Doctor degree in 1981. He was admitted to practice in Oregon in 1981 and in Washington in 1982.
Mike has been practicing law in Clark County, Washington since 1982. He has served as a trustee (three year term) and as a treasurer (two year term) for the Clark County Bar Association. He has a BV peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mike practices in the following areas of law: probate, trust, and guardianship matters, including complex litigation matters, bankruptcy, where he represents both creditors and debtors in business and consumer cases; business, including business formations, transactional matters, and litigation; real estate law, including transactions, foreclosures, and litigation; estate planning, including complex estate planning for avoidance of federal and state estate taxes; and collections and debtor and creditor law.
Mike is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Southwest Washington. His personal interests are running and hiking to maintain fitness, reading, and taking care of his rose garden. In November, 2011, Mike accomplished a lifetime dream traveling to Nepal and trekking in the Himalayas to Kala Pattar at 18,540 feet to see Mt. Everest with his own eyes 4 miles away.
Legal Assistant to Michael Higgins:
Trena Grasser has been a legal assistant with Marsh, Higgins, Beaty & Hatch, P.C. since 1999. She has taken paralegal courses at Lower Columbia College in Longview, Washington and Clark College in Vancouver. Trena assists Mike with his complex probate, trust, guardianship, bankruptcy, business, real estate, and estate planning matters.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial
- Business Organizations
- Estate Planning
- Litigation & Appeals
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate
- Complex Litigation
- Transactional Matters
- Washington, 1982
- Oregon, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon
- J.D. - 1981
- Loyola University of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- B.B.A. - 1975
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar Association, Member
- Estate Planning Council of Southwest Washington, Member