Effective Advocacy In A Legal Separation

The lawyers at Marsh, Higgins, Beaty & Hatch, P.C., have extensive family law experience and can assist you with your legal separation case during what is a very stressful and emotional period of your life. We focus on child support, child custody, Washington parenting plans, visitation rights, and spousal maintenance.

What Are The Next Steps In Your Case?

A first step that spouses may take toward divorce is a legal separation. To have enforceable separation terms, you must provide a legal contract or decree. You and your spouse may use the separation period to attempt to reconcile the marriage while living separately or as a preliminary step toward a full divorce if reconciliation does not occur. If you are filing divorce in Vancouver, our lawyers are well-practiced in Washington law governing legal separation and divorce and can help with your case.

If you choose to follow through with divorce proceedings, either an agreement or trial will be necessary to resolve child support, child custody and visitation rights, spousal maintenance (if any), and property division differences. Divorce mediation is an alternative way to reach an agreement.

The divorce mediation process involves you, your spouse, and your legal representatives or mediator working together to come to a settlement that you are both happy with. The mediation process ensures that all opinions and concerns are represented and considered in a calm and appropriate manner.

What About Child Custody, Support And Visitation?

In the state of Washington, parents involved in a divorce are required to present the court with a parenting plan that details custody and visitation rights concerning any children involved in the divorce. We aim to protect the best interests of you and your children in constructing a parenting plan that works.

To further discuss your individual circumstances concerning your divorce or separation with an attorney in the Vancouver area, please call the firm of Marsh, Higgins, Beaty & Hatch at 360-450-0993 or 866-678-1372. Or, if you prefer, fill out our web form for a quick response.